19/03/2020 by beesmoothwaxing 0 Comments
BEFORE YOU WAX
- Hair length: You need some hair growth for the wax to hold onto, we recommend 1/4 of an inch. That’s is about 2-3 week of growing it after shaving.
- For Women: Your skin is the most sensitive the time Before your period, and waxing can be more painful than normal. So your appointment shouldn’t be any closer than a couple of days before your period. However you can still get waxed if you are on your period.
- Exfoliate: While the skin on the face is generally exfoliated enough in terms of waxing, the body needs a little help. A somewhat gritty body scrub will help rid dead cells around skin pores and hair follicles, providing an easier exit. Shower and lightly exfoliate your entire bikini area the day before your appointment using warm, not hot water. Make sure you are extra clean.
- Pain Preventers: Take a pain reliever 30-45 minutes before your appointment if you are worried about pain.
- Caffeine and Alcohol: Don’t drink a lot of caffeine or alcohol. It may seem like having a couple glass of wine or beer before getting waxed sounds like a great idea, stimulants in the system can cause skin to be extra sensitive to waxing. Give yourself a couple of hours after drinking coffee or alcohol before getting waxed. Instead, drink a lot of water to hydrate your body and skin.
- Don’t think waxing at home will be easy. It’s hard to do on yourself, and will really hurt if you don’t know what you’re doing.
- Regrowth: Because of hair growth different cycles, sometimes the very first wax may already grow some stubble after couple of days. it’s not the hair waxed already growing, but it’s another cycle that was still in the skin during waxing. While it’s usually only small amount of hair , for more smooth results wax twice before an event or vacation, because the second time cycles are more even and there is less regrowth.
AFTER YOU WAX
In the first 24-48 hours you may experience some sensitivity like redness or irritation in the area that was treated. These are normal and usually there is less reaction the more you get waxed. Here are some tips to follow during the first 48 hours after waxing:
- Do not use any exfoliating products, especially ones containing acids, since they might further irritate your skin.
- Showers are better than bathes. Use only lukewarm water, not hot.
- No saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools or other heated sources.
- Do not expose treated area to ultra-violet rays indoor or outdoor. For your own protection always wear sunscreen.
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours.
- To avoid ingrown hairs don’t wear tight clothes for the next couple of days.
- Resist touching freshly waxed skin, especially on the face, as this may encourage irritation and some breakouts.
- Sexual activity should be avoided for at least 24-48 hours.
- To avoid ingrown hair exfoliate waxed area (starting after 48 hours since treatment)twice-three times a week to get rid of dead skin layer, so your hair can grow above skin surface.
- Don’t forget good lotion. The alcohol content should be lower on the ingredients list. This means that there is less chance of it drying your skin out.
- Makeup, if face is waxed
- Deodorant with aluminum.